In addition to being a sponsor of the ANA/BAA 40th Marketing Law Conference in Chicago on November 7-9, 2018, GALA members will be speaking throughout the conference.
The GALA panel on Global Advertising will be on Thursday, November 8th and will be moderated by Cisca Brouwer, Associate General Counsel, Global Commerce of Snap Inc. The panelists will include Brinsley Dresden (UK), Daniel Haije (Netherlands), Kelly Harris (Canada) & Juan Carlos Uribe (Colombia)
Other GALA speakers at the event will include:
- Rick Kurnit (USA - FK) who will moderate a panel "The Right of Publicity vs. Other Content Claims"
- Catherine Bate (Canada) who will speak on "Looking Beyond the Borders"
- Joseph Lewczak (USA - D & G) who will moderate a panel "The Latest Hot Button Issues in Real -Time Marketing & Social Media & Now A Peek around the Corner"
- Soren Pietzcker (Germany) will host a rountable on "Implementation of GDPR Regulations on a National Basis"
- Melissa Landau Steinman (USA - V) will moderate a panel "Loyalty Programs: Litigation & Regulatory Concerns"
- Ronald Urbach (USA - D & G) will lead a session " Pursuit of "Truth" in Advertising"
- Jeffrey Greenbaum & Brian Murphy (USA - FK) will co-moderate a panel "Ten Major Contract Clauses Every Marketing Lawyer Can't Do Without"
- Allison Fitzpatrick (USA - D & G) will moderate a panel "Children's Advertising, CARU, COPPA, Connected Trip & Child Influencers"
In addition to these GALA members there will be sessions led by other members of GALA firms:
- Hannah Taylor, Frankfurt Kurnit (USA) will host a roundtable "Avatars, Chat Bots & Other Daunting Futuristic Media"
- Aaron Taylor, Davis & Gilbert (USA) will host a roundtable "2018 NAD Cases: Top Ten Tips & Take-Aways"
- Po Yi, Venable (USA) will moderate a panel "Influencer Marketing, Native Advertising & User Generated Content"
- Jessica Borowick, Venable (USA) will moderate a panel "Celebrity / Talent"
- Gary Kibel, Davis & Gilbert (USA) will moderate a panel "The New California Privacy Laws"