With more than 60 experienced attorneys, Venable’s Advertising and Marketing Practice Group is one of the largest in the nation and is consistently recognized by Chambers USA, Legal 500 and other leading legal rankings, for its regulatory, transactional, and litigation expertise.
We advise some of America’s most iconic and beloved brands and direct marketers, including leading companies in areas such as digital media, gaming, retail sales, direct-to-consumer sales, multi-level and direct marketing, consumer financial services, food, drug and beverage, dietary supplements, housewares, consumer packaged goods, personal care products, hospitality, telecommunications, automotive, and toys. In fact, more than one-third of the United States’ top 100 national advertisers, as ranked by AdAge, rely on Venable’s advertising and marketing counsel.
With partners in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, D.C., Venable’s large national advertising practice represents clients in all areas of advertising and intellectual property law, including
- Claim substantiation and advertising review;
- Content marketing;
- Product labeling;
- Consumer financial services, including credit cards, mortgage lending, consumer and commercial loans, auto finance and leasing, and insurance;
- Payment processing;
- Sweepstakes, promotions, loyalty programs, gaming, charitable promotions, commercial co-ventures, and gift cards;
- Native, influencer, and social media-based advertising;
- Marketing contracts, including agency, co-promotion, celebrity endorsement, production, talent, sponsorship, data rights, and technology contracts;
- Affiliate marketing and lead generation;
- Telemarketing, including TCPA counseling and litigation;
- Counseling and litigation and contract negotiation on data privacy, data breach, and cybersecurity issues;
- Advertising and intellectual property litigation, including emergency preliminary injunction motions and requests for temporary restraining orders, anti-counterfeiting litigation, class action litigation, competitor challenges, and representation before the International Trade Commission;
- Defense of investigations and enforcement actions by the FTC, CFPB, FDA, state attorneys general, state regulatory agencies, and state district attorneys; and NAD, CARU and ERSP disputes; and
- Intellectual property rights prosecution and clearance, registration, and brand protection.
Beyond our advertising and marketing capabilities, Venable is a full-service firm. Access to our more than 600 attorneys gives GALA members the capability to service their clients’ needs throughout the United States in almost every area of practice. Venable maintains offices in California, Delaware, Maryland, New York, Virginia, and Washington, D.C.
Nov 7, 2018
GALA members to speak at the 2018 ANA / BAA Marketing Law Conference
Jul 26, 2018
PLI Webinar on Global Sweepstakes & Contests
Jun 25, 2018
Digital Advertising Law & Compliance Conference - New York City - June 25-27, 2018
Jun 12, 2018
Webinar (Spanish Language): Legal Challenges of Advertising & Marketing in Social Media
Apr 24, 2018
Show more Gala Events...|
Show more Other Events...
Webinar: North America Consumer Product Safety Update